Blackhawk Farms Track FAQ

As a participant, when can I enter the track?

All weekend events, unless otherwise directed and arranged by club organizers, will open the night prior to the event at 6:00 p.m. All weekday events will open at 6:00 a.m. unless otherwise arranged by club organizers. Check the online Blackhawk Farms schedule for specific event details.

As a participant, can I reserve garages and/or overhead space?

Yes.  However, reservations must be paid for in advance by calling us at 815-389-2000.

Are track announcements made only over the PA?

In addition to the PA, track announcements can be heard on 88.9 FM.

Can I bring a dog?

Yes.  However, your pet must be humanely leashed and/ or contained at all times.

Is there fuel available?

Yes.  We have Sunoco race fuel available in 93 octane alcohol free/unleaded, 100 octane unleaded, and 110 octane leaded.

How much is camping?

Camping is always free at Blackhawk Farms Raceway.  However, a club may charge a gate fee.  Please note that we do not have a dump station available for campers.

Can I get electrical?

Yes.  There are electrical hook-ups throughout the track on a first come, first serve basis.  You may purchase your electrical pass at the Pit Stop, at the front gate or with Security.

Is there a gate fee?

Most organizations charge a nominal gate fee.  Any weekday Blackhawk Farms sponsored event is free.

Can I build a campfire?

Yes, you may have a campfire.  However, it needs to be in a designated area next to your campsite and must be contained. Please speak with Security prior to building a campfire.

Do you have a designated area to dump oil?

Yes, there are 2 locations to dump used oil.  The first is behind Pit Stop and the second is just past Turtle Bridge.  Please be sure that you put it in the correct used oil bin.

Can I bring a pit vehicle such as a golf cart/bike?

Yes, BUT you need to register and pay the pit vehicle fee at the Pit Stop.  The Pit Vehicle Registration Form can be printed here.  You must be at least 16 years of age with a valid driver’s license to operate a pit vehicle.  Skateboards, long boards, hover boards, roller blades, or segways are not allowed.

What does it cost to take my child to the track?

Children 12 and under are always FREE.  All minors must have a legal guardian present when entering the track.

Can I take my car or motorcycle out on track?

Yes, as long as you are over 18 with a valid driver’s and/or motorcycle endorsement.  Read more on our website under “Track Days”.